- General Information
- National Coordinator on Implementation of SDG
- Council for Sustainable Development
- Parliamentary Group on SDGs
- Working Group on SDGs at the local level
- Partnership Group for Sustainable Development
- Public Council for the Sustainable Development Strategies drafting and evaluation
- National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus
- Secretariat of the National Coordinator on Implementation of SDG and of the Council for Sustainable Development
- Media Coordination Group for the Promotion of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Youth Ambassadors
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Goal 1: No poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well- Being
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic growth
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Goal 14: Life below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
- News & Events
- SDGs Knowledge Platform
Symposium “Education for Sustainable Development for All Generations – Social Contract”
Quality education provides an understanding of the nature and scope of sustainable development challenges and an opportunity to be critical and creative in the search for effective solutions. In the context of the Agenda-2030 for Sustainable Development, Goal 4, Quality Education, is presented as a new vision for global education. It is about transforming people's lives through education as the main driver of development and the achievement of other Sustainable Development Goals.
The role of education in the processes of achieving the SDGs was discussed during the III International Symposium “Education for Sustainable Development for all generations – social contract”, which was held on December 2-3 at the Maxim Tank Belarusian State Pedagogical University and gathered representatives of the system of continuous teacher training and all spheres of sustainable development.
The purpose of the symposium was to agree on strategic directions for the development of continuing education practices for sustainable development. Irina Velichko, Head of the Main Department of Multilateral Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, addressed the symposium participants on behalf of the National Coordinator for the Sustainable Development Goals in the Republic of Belarus, emphasizing the key role of education in achieving the SDGs. Ioanna Kazana-Wisniowiecki, UN Resident Coordinator in Belarus, drew attention to the importance of strengthening networking between government agencies, civil society representatives, businesses and international organizations. Representatives of the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, National Statistical Committee, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection, experts of UNESCO and the EU Department of Research and Innovation also spoke at the symposium. In their speeches they stressed that the complex cross-sectoral nature of the Sustainable Development Goals requires a complex mechanism for their implementation and the creation of inter-agency structures for the coordination of joint actions.
During the symposium, the National Coordinator for the Sustainable Development Goals, Anatoly Isachenko, and Deputy Minister of Education of the Republic of Belarus, Alexander Kadlubay, awarded diplomas to the winners of the “SDG Youth Ambassadors – the future of the planet is in our hands” contest.
You can find the symposium resolution, materials and videos on the website of the Education for Sustainable Development Coordination Center at BGPU, which provided organizational and substantive support for the symposium.
The Symposium was held under the auspices of the National Coordinator for the Sustainable Development Goals, with the assistance of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the support of the UNDP Project “Supporting the National Coordinator for the Sustainable Development Goals and Strengthening the Role of Parliament in Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals”, financed by UNDP, UNICEF, UNFPA in the Republic of Belarus. The Symposium was included into the Action Plan of the Council for Sustainable Development of the Republic of Belarus for 2020-2021 and into the Action Plan of the Youth Campaign “The Future We Want” implemented by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus and the Office of the UN Resident Coordinator in the Republic of Belarus with the support of the UN agencies' representations.