- General Information
- National Coordinator on Implementation of SDG
- Council for Sustainable Development
- Parliamentary Group on SDGs
- Working Group on SDGs at the local level
- Partnership Group for Sustainable Development
- Public Council for the Sustainable Development Strategies drafting and evaluation
- National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus
- Secretariat of the National Coordinator on Implementation of SDG and of the Council for Sustainable Development
- Media Coordination Group for the Promotion of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Youth Ambassadors
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Goal 1: No poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well- Being
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic growth
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Goal 14: Life below Water
- Goal 15: Life on Land
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
- News & Events
- SDGs Knowledge Platform
The Council for Sustainable Development
The Council for Sustainable Development is a consultative body, a part of the institutional mechanism on achieving Sustainable Development Goals, was established by the decree №181 On the National coordinator on implementation of Sustainable Development Goals on May 25, 2017.
The Council for Sustainable Development consists of the representatives of the governmental bodies and organizations at the deputy head level. The Structure includes representatives from the following structures:
1. General Prosecutor’s Office.
2. National Bank.
3. Belarusian National Academy of Science.
4. National Statistical Committee.
5. Investigative Committee.
6. Ministry of Antimonopoly Regulation and Trade.
7. Ministry of Architecture and Building.
8. Ministry of Internal Affairs.
9. Ministry of Housing and Communal Services.
10. Ministry of Health.
11. Ministry of International Affairs.
12. Ministry of Information.
13. Ministry of Forestry.
14. Ministry of Defence.
15. Ministry of Education.
16. Ministry of Taxation and Internal Revenue.
17. Ministry of Emergency Situations.
18. Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection.
19. Ministry of Industry.
20. Ministry of Communications and Informatization.
21. Ministry of Agriculture and Food.
22. Ministry of Sport and Tourism.
23. Ministry of Transport and Communications.
24. Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
25. Ministry of Finance.
26. Ministry of Economy.
27. Ministry of Energy.
28. Ministry of Justice.
29. State Committee on Science and Technology.
30. State Committee on Standardization.
31. State Customs Committee.
32. Regional and Minsk City Executive Committee.
The Council for Sustainable Development is headed by the National coordinator on implementation of Sustainable Development Goals.
Sectoral working groups on economic, ecological and social issues are operating within the Council for Sustainable Development. The management of sectoral groups is carried out by the deputy heads of the relevant ministries:
- The working group on economics – First Deputy Head of Ministry of Economy Chervyakov A.V.;
- The working group on ecology – Deputy Head of Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Goroshko A.V.;
- The working group on social issues – Deputy Head of Ministry of Labor and Social Security Kovalkov V.V.
The working group on monitoring and assessment of achieving SDGs is headed by Kukharevich E.I., the Deputy Chairperson of National Statistical Committee of the Republic of Belarus.
Representatives of business communities, public associations, and international organizations participate in the activities of the Council.
The list of participants of each meeting of the Council is decided by the National coordinator according to the agenda of the meeting. The first meeting of the Council for Sustainable Development took place on 4 September 2017.
Its agenda included the issues of building the Belarusian institutional architecture for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. The participants of the Council defined the course of interdepartmental interactions and international partnerships for achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. The group has endorsed the working plan of the Council for 2017 and commenced the formation of the national system of indicators to monitor the progress in achieving SDGs.
The Council for Sustainable Development meets once a year. National coordinator on implementation of SDGs has the right to gather the Council more often if there’s the necessity of discussion of other issues.